3 Steps to your perfect setup for music lessons
1. Devices, Browser & Network
SIRIUS is browser-based and thus can be used with any device, be it a computer, tablet or smartphone. However, we recommend using SIRIUS with a desktop or laptop computer for your best teaching experience.
Whether it's MacOS, Linux, or Windows, we've got you covered as long as you can run an up-to-date and supported browser! For more detailed information we recommend reading our article about Supported Devices & Browsers.
- Desktop or laptop computer: We recommend using the latest version of the Chrome browser for your best sound experience. SIRIUS also supports a number of other browser which can be found in our article Supported Devices & Browsers.
- Android tablet or smartphone: Please use the latest version of the Chrome browser.
- iPhone or iPad: Please use the latest version of the Safari browser.
For more detailed information we recommend reading our article about Network Requirements.
2. Microphone, Camera & Headphones
SIRIUS can be used with any microphone, webcam and headphones.
Most devices have a built-in microphone as well as a built-in camera. Unfortunately, the quality of built-in microphones is often poor. Since SIRIUS is designed to transmit high quality sound, we strongly recommend using an external USB microphone or another microphone with an audio interface. This will allow the nuances of the sound to be picked up much better, resulting in a fuller sound. Furthermore, we recommend using headphones for a better sound experience.
External USB microphones are affordable and easy to set up:
External USB microphones are easy to set up – Connect the USB microphone directly to your computer. If you use a smartphone/tablet, please use a compatible adapter. Select the correct microphone in the video session and make sure the audio indicator moves when you speak or tap the microphone. Adjust the audio input level in the settings of your end device, as it can make a big difference in how the other participants receive your sound.